Hello Healing Hearts Friends!
Our 2014 charity golf and dinner came and went. It was another smashing success.
Our Charity Golf was held on November 5th at Heron Bay Golf Club in Coral Springs. We had 160 golfers and over 50 volunteers. Everything was perfect!
- Food tastings, Adult beverages and samples on many holes throughout the course, offered by our awesome corporate sponsors
- Snacks, Water and soft drinks throughout the course
- Closest to the pin contest
- Longest drive contest
- Bazooka shot longest drive contest
- DJ by Sidney
- Catering by Sally – BBQ
- 50/50 and raffle items
- Silent auction
- Celebrity golfers – Nicko McBrain, Nat Moore, Mark Duper, Joseph Coey, Alan Pederson and William Phillips
- GREAT weather
- AWESOME friends and fellowship
Our Charity Dinner Gala was held on November 7th at The Marriott Hotel in Coral Springs. We had 750 dinner guests and over 100 volunteers. The evening was spectacular.
- Reception was awesome – we had 100’s of silent auction and raffle items – 50/50 and many great door prizes were given out throughout the evening by Nicko.
- Speed painter – Dale Henry entertained our guests by painting four beautiful pictures (they were auctioned during dinner), Cello performer – Robert Moore and the amazing and talented Mario Russo and Ralph Roberts wooed our guests with their unbelievable vocals
- Welcome and introduction of new Angels by Richard Reynolds – it was heartfelt and emotional
- Kenny Chesney video “Who you’d be today” with many of our Healing Hearts Angels – always an emotional, yet fulfilling video
- National Anthem by Stanley Williams – he was amazing!
- Invocation by the wonderful Arlene Williams
- Special song performed by friends and bereaved parents, Mitch Carmody and Alan Pederson. The song (Love Lives On) was sung by Alan and signed by Mitch
- Our Emcee this year (filled in for Joe Rose at the last minute) was the great – Nicko McBrain. He did a GREAT job keeping everyone informed, on track and added quite a bit of fun, laughter and humor throughout the evening
- Live auction by Neil Saffer and Nicko McBrain
- Bill Fauerbach recognized some very special people and had some awesome and inspirational comments
- Special performance by the Voice of Romance - Franco Corso. He had the crowd memorized with his strong, powerful and beautiful voice. He did his original song “Angel” for our dinner guests
- Special guest celebrities from iHeart radio – Rick Sanchez, Jeff De Forrest, Luke Pirozzoli, Manny Munoz, Joey Brooks, Chris Cruz, Natalie Jiminez, Roxy Romeo, Chanel Gonzalez and of course – our Healing Hearts board member – Lori Meyers
- We presented a a beautiful hand drawn portrait to Lambert and Pee Wallace, of their son, Angel Warren Wallace. Michelle Resciniti read the tribute of Warren, afterwards – the Resciniti family, along with the artist, Mitch Carmody offered the beautiful work of art to Warren’s Mom and Dad. Warren’s father spoke, thanking us for the artwork of his son, drawn with love by bereaved parent, Mitch CarmodyWarren’s Dad then spoke eloquently about the following – “As a people, there are so many common threads that unite us in the fabric called life. Many of these threads are happy but unfortunately there are sad ones. Today’s gathering is testimony and a reminder of how our normal lives can be disrupted and overturned in an instant.Sometimes the fabric gets ripped! When this happens, some persons are contented with leaving it in that state, while others seek ways to mend the fabric or heal that which was torn and broken.”
- Bobby’s Dad gave a a heartfelt testimony, starting with the sharing of green, yellow and blue glow-sticks with all 800 dinner guests – each color, representing a different loss in our lives. The moving and personal message was centered around signs from our loved ones and emphasized the fact – LOVE LIVES ON when it comes to our Angels! Closing with a moving narrative and inspirational words on the HOPE regarding our Angels – they are with us all the time, right by our side!
- And then there was Louie!
- We were blessed and fortunate to have as our featured entertainment this year – the wonderful and most talented, Louie Anderson. Louie is an amazing person. Such a professional and a great ambassador for the entertainment industry.
- He met with the Resciniti family before the dinner to get to know and understand us a little. (Steve Sands and Tamsen Browne Reed lined up a private meeting and we are most appreciative.) It was an enlightening and inspirational half hour. Louie was sincere, funny, witty and engaging with Bob, Diane and family. Louie said something very profound to Bob at the end of that meeting, “You are dealing with some very difficult subject matter of parents losing a child, it is my hope to take all your guests to a different place for one hour. A happy place and hopefully, they will forget about their problems for that short time.”Well you know what? Louie delivered as promised and then some. He was hilarious and 100% clean. He is a consummate professional. What was most interesting – Louie appealed to the very young to the elderly and everyone in between. Here it’s been one month and we are still getting feedback and comments regarding his performance. He had people doubled over with tears of laughter coming out.Louie had everyone captivated for almost one hour and then came his closing. He gave a beautiful, personal and heartfelt testimony that had people awestruck. It was such an emotional and fitting ending, Louie is a great and talented comedian but more importantly, he is an amazing human being. Healing Hearts LOVES Louie!!!!Unknown to me at the time, after the show, Louie took pictures with EVERY Marriott server, all the clerks, workers …he did not have to do that but it just shows his true character as a person. He gave them something they will NEVER forget.Then after all that – Louie went to a private room and took pictures and signed autographs with all the Healing Hearts board of directors, volunteers, family and friends. He made sure everyone was accommodated before he left for the evening.Louie gave me (Bob Resciniti) some very good advise and personal guidance. I was humbled by his comments and most appreciative that he took the time with me and so many others. He is a great man! Louie gave us the best gift of all – laughter and a memory that will last a lifetime.
To all our our Healing Hearts family – thank you very much for always coming out to support us, to help us and to allow us the opportunity to help many of the broken hearted.
Thanks and all my best –
Always & Forever –
Leave a Reply