Update on the 2011 Bobby Resciniti Healing Hearts Angel Walk
Our 2nd annual “Angel Walk” was held on Sunday, April 10th, 2011. It was truly – A Day to Remember!
It was a day filled with good fellowship, love, faith and hope. We had some laughs and we shed some tears. We were blessed with good weather, lots and lots of unselfish volunteers and many people were there to celebrate the life of their loved one(s).
We had over 700 people at the Angel walk….
- Moms and Dads were there to honor their children
- Children were at the walk to honor their Mom’s, Dad’s, Friends, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, brothers and sisters
- Friends were there to support all their loved ones that left this world too soon
- We had people there to pay homage to their beloved pets
- There were over 200 Angel signs posted throughout the 3.2 mile walk trail. It was a wonderful way for everyone to see all the very special Angels. Here’s a quote from a parent that had an Angel sign – “I was walking and looking at all the Angels and reading what was written, it was a sad, but when I finally came upon the Angel Sign of my son, it was like time stood still. I stopped, kneeled and prayed. I then had friends take several pictures with my Angel. It was a very emotional and beautiful experience”.
Grief is a terrible thing that all people will have to deal with in their lifetime. The Angel Walk was an outlet to show our love and support to all our loved ones that are no longer with us (physically).
“Grief is neither a sign of weakness nor a lack of faith. It’s the price we pay for love.”
- Mitch Carmody did a special presentation by signing to Josh Groban’s song – To Where you are. Mitch lost his son, Kelly 24 years ago at nine years old due to cancer.
- Susan Wise – Morning Host at 101.5 FM was the emcee of our event and a wonderful person. She was a big part of our day.
- 5 dozen butterflies were released previous to the start of the walk by Dr. Tina Reynolds! A special moment dedicated to all Angels, including her beloved and much-loved Father – Angelo Di’Cicco.
- Food, snacks, fellowship and all Angel Walkers had free entry to Butterfly World.
More pictures from the event
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit
Always & Forever –