We had just under 675 people in attendance. It was a NIGHT to REMEMBER.
Some highlights of the evening:
- Opening and welcome by Richie Reynolds. He introduced many new Angels and led us into our Angel video – Who’d you be Today by Kenny Chesney
- Our Master of Ceremony for the event was Nicko McBrain – the worlds greatest drummer, friend and great host!
- Invocation by the the one and only – Arlene Williams
- Heartfelt and compelling Presidents message of faith, love and HOPE by Bob Resciniti – including glow-sticks honoring all our Angels that left this world
- Three Angel portrait presentations to families that suffered the tragedy of losing a child hand drawn by artist – Mitch Carmody
- Artist Dale Henry painted four amazing paintings of Dan Marino, Nicko McBrain, The Fallen Soldier and Bald Eagle
- Musical performance by The Atlantic City Boys – A tribute to Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons – Mitch Carmody signed to one very special song, I can’t take my eyes off of you
- Our featured entertainment was the hilarious, incomparable, amazing comedian – Louie Anderson
Comedian – Louie Anderson and Iron Maiden – Nicko McBrain! Two awesome friends of Healing Hearts WE LOVE Louie and Nicko!
- Louie Anderson – He is adored by standing-room-only crowds in Las Vegas and respected by readers of his books. Johnny Carson, invited Louie to make his national television debut on the “The Tonight Show” In 1984 (the same year Bobby was born), and the rest for Louie and Bobby is history.
Comedy Central 100 Greatest Standups of all Time – Louie Anderson is one of the most versatile and successful comedians in Hollywood today, loved by the television audiences of “Family Feud” or his appearances on late night chat shows.In 1995 Louie put his creative energies to work on the Saturday morning animated series “Life with Louie.His best-selling books include Dear Dad – Letters From An Adult Child and Good-bye Jumbo…Hello Cruel World, self-help for those who struggle with self-esteem issues, as only an award-winning comedian could write it.Louie recently finished writing his newest installment on family, THE F WORD, HOW TO SURVIVE YOUR FAMILY.Now, Louie is traveling the States doing what Louie loves to do, Stand Up Comedy. Louie’s Podcasts – http://louieandersonpodcast.
Like Louie’s Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/
- Nicko McBrain – He joined Iron Maiden in time to debut on their fourth album, Piece of Mind (1983), and has remained with them since, contributing to a total of thirteen studio releases.
At the age of ten, he started to play drums with pots, pans and other kitchen utensils.
He obtained a degree in engineering at his parent’s request but his passion was always music.
Iron Maiden begins their 2016 world tour right here in Sunrise at the BB&T center – February 24th. Get your tickets soon as it will be a sell out.That’s Nicko the musician but let’s talk about Nicko McBrain – the man. He’s married to a beautiful lady by the name of Rebecca and they have two boys – Nicholas and Justin.Guess what else – he has his pilot license and in 2009 opened a restaurant called Rock ‘N’ Roll Ribs in Coral Springs. The restaurant received positive reviews on an episode of Check, Please! South Florida and was awarded “Best Ribs of 2012” by New Times Broward-Palm Beach.
Nicko McBrain is a great drummer but more importantly, he’s a good human being.Bobby Resciniti and Healing Hearts is proud to call him our FRIENDCheck out Nicko – http://www.drummerworld.com/
Nicko’s Rock n’ Roll Ribs – http://www.rocknrollribs.
Helping to Heal Broken Hearts
- Travis Gay
- Robby Folkins
- Jeremy Talamantes
Beautiful charcoal hand drawn portraits created by Mitch Carmody. Each portrait tells a story of these beautiful Angels. We honored each family with a portrait and tribute of their child at our event. It was moving, heartfelt and amazing!